IFMiB Commenter of the Week: My Mom!
La Mommie is a long time listener/first time caller to IFMiB, since her initial comments on her Mother’s Day Post, La Mommie has provided a glimpse into the mind we’ve all come to love since reading about the De Palma lectures. Yay La Mommie!
- Does ” You’re So vain” by Carly Simon about ‘ sweet baby’ James Taylor and “Positively 4th Street” by Bob Dylan about Joan Baez ( at least that was the rumor at the Janis Ian concert), count? Or are we only noting complimentary songs?
- I am awed and touched by this tribute. Just like Mama Scott, Mama Baldwin, Mama Stallone, Mama Estavez, you kids are my retirement plan (esp because I cashed in my 401k to go back to school and buy the house in Canada. 🙂 I love you too, Kid. P.S. the graphics are outstanding!
- Nobody can compare with Paul Newman (who I do not believe had a ‘drinking problem’ although he did admit throwing back a few, while off duty, not sure about the bathrobe as referenced by Snarky). Here is my list Paul Newman, Vil Kilmer, Dennis Hopper, Russell Crowe and William Holden (probably last because he went into rehab and not quite strange enough). Sorry Paul about the strange part.
- I remember Dennis Hopper from the movie ‘Giant’ which I saw with my mother at Radio City in NY. I thought of him as hotter than James Dean and Rock Hudson, after that, I was hooked.
- [in response to questions about William Holden hotness ranking] Also, William Holden just did not get into enough fights, while under the influence of various substances,thus his lower ranking.